Many experienced test managers agree that to become a test manager one first needs to acquire experience as a test coordinator. Less agreement exists on how this has to be accomplished.
During this 1-day training session, we provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to make the step from experienced tester to test coordinator without burdening you with the added responsibilities typically faced by a test manager.
We introduce you to risk-based testing, explain how to make a test plan and a test summary report and last but not least, we give you a solid basis for becoming a coach for your team and other test process stakeholders.
Software testers with a few years of experience who feel ready to take up responsibilities as a leader of their team.
Duration & Languages
1 day - English/Dutch.
- What Is Test Coordination: a short overview of typical tasks for the test coordinator and an explanation of the differences between a test coordinator and a test manager.
- Risk Based Testing: an introduction to (product) risk analysis. How can we use this to efficiently allocate test effort and choose the right test techniques?
- Basic Estimation Techniques: three basic test estimation techniques to set you on the right track in predicting test effort.
- Making A Level Test Plan: the difference between test policy, test strategy, master test plan and level test plan. The contents of a level test plan. How to make a level test plan, even in the absence of higher-level documents.
- Reporting: a short explanation about metrics and measurements. Some typical test metrics. Contents of a test summary report. How risk is related to reporting.
- Coaching: understanding and using leadership types. Some do's and don'ts in coaching.
Upcoming open training sessions
This training will introduce you to risk-based testing, explain how to make a test plan and a test summary report and give you a solid basis for becoming a coach for your team and others.
Language: English | Duration: 1 day | Price: 550 EUR excl. VAT
See all upcoming open training events.
Please contact us so we can make you an offer that matches your needs.